This publication discusses absence management metrics and reporting, and the views and practices of industry leaders participating in the 2008 Leadership Series, cosponsored by Liberty Mutual and the Disability Management Employer Coalition (DMEC).
During the May and June roundtable discussions in 2008, certain best practices in the development, management, and maintenance of metrics and reporting programs were identified along with specific steps that can be taken by organizations considering creation or expansion of absence management programs.
Best practices described in greater detail included:
- Assess the Scope of Absence in Your Environment
- Identify Metrics to Sell the Business Case for Absence Management to the C Suite
- Partner Internally to Identify and Capture Critical Information
- Create Benchmarks for Absence Management
- Make Absence Management Sustainable
- Partner with TPAs for Reports That Meet Your Needs
- Use Data to Fine-Tune Programs
- Balance Incentives with Disincentives
- Keep Employees in the Loop at Every Stage
- Adopt, Analyze, Assess, Adapt—Repeat as Needed
Full content is available to DMEC members only. Please log in to view the complete resource.
If you are not a DMEC member, we encourage you to join. DMEC members have access to white papers, case studies, @Work magazine articles, free webinars, legislative updates, and much more. These resources will assist you in building an effective and compliant integrated absence management program, saving you time, resources, and money. Learn more.
If you are being asked to log in more than once, please refresh your browser.