Thursday, May 10
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
Employers are the foundation in building a successful disability experience. However, when each situation is unique, how do you balance the necessity of consistent policies and procedures with the individual needs of your employee? Join us as we focus on the practical steps employers can take to support their workforce through a disability. During this session, we will share how to build a culture that encourages best practices, and prioritizes the individual’s goals.
This presentation will offer a view into how employers can proactively work with their disability team before, during, and after a claim. The panel will discuss how to identify opportunities, craft policies, and balance key stakeholder’s needs. We will specifically discuss the difference in approach with types of claims such as physical limitations and mental illness issues. The panel will offer insights on how to engage an employee throughout the process, build a dynamic partnership, and evolve your culture based on lessons learned.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Gain an understanding of how to build an effective partnership between key stakeholders, including the carrier and employees.
- Identify opportunities to proactively engage employees before a disability event.
- Develop strategies to transform lessons learned into best practices.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.