Wednesday, October 17
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
The frantic pace of changing regulations around absence and disability management are enough to send even the most seasoned professional’s head spinning. This fast-paced series of webinars will catch you up on the most pressing circuit court decisions, legislative updates, and changes to state workers’ compensation in a focused, region-specific format. Learn about recently-imposed updates and upcoming changes that will impact your region!
This webinar will deliver content specific to the Midwestern region of the United States: Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Missouri, Arkansas, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Kentucky, and Tennessee (6th, 7th, and 8th circuit courts).
Please note: This webinar series will be hosted on Wednesdays throughout the month of October.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Explore recently updated and pending legislation impacting absence and disability management in the Midwestern U.S.
- Review recent circuit court decisions that impact disability and absence management under the jurisdiction of the 6th, 7th, and 8th circuit courts.
- Gain a comprehensive overview of state worker’s compensation law changes throughout the Midwestern U.S.
Jeff Nowak, JD, Partner and Co-Chair, Labor and Employment Practice Group, Franczek Radelet PC
Jeff Nowak is a partner and co-chair of the labor and employment practice group at Chicago-based law firm Franczek Radelet P.C. Jeff is widely recognized as one of the nation’s foremost FMLA and ADA experts, regularly counseling clients on compliance with FMLA and ADA regulations, conducting FMLA/ADA audits and training, and successfully litigating FMLA and ADA lawsuits. Jeff is also the author of the highly-regarded FMLA Insights blog, which helps employers administer FMLA leave, and manage the most difficult FMLA issues.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.