Wednesday, October 31
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
The frantic pace of changing regulations around absence and disability management are enough to send even the most seasoned professional’s head spinning. This fast-paced series of webinars will catch you up on the most pressing circuit court decisions, legislative updates, and changes to state workers’ compensation in a focused, region-specific format. Learn about recently-imposed updates and upcoming changes that will impact your region!
This webinar will deliver content specific to the Southern region of the United States: Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and Texas (4th, 5th, and 11th circuit courts).
Please note: This webinar series will be hosted on Wednesdays throughout the month of October.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Explore recently updated and pending legislation impacting absence and disability management in the Southern U.S.
- Review recent circuit court decisions that impact disability and absence management under the jurisdiction of the 4th, 5th, and 11th circuit courts.
- Gain a comprehensive overview of state worker’s compensation law changes throughout the Southern U.S.
Tasos Paindiris, Partner, Jackson Lewis PC
Tasos C. Paindiris is a Principal in the Orlando and Miami, Florida, offices of Jackson Lewis P.C. His practice concentrates on litigation and advising clients in many different areas of workplace law. Mr. Paindiris’s experience includes representing clients in a variety of forums, including state and federal courts, the state and federal Departments of Labor, state and local human rights agencies, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs. Mr. Paindiris assists employers in complying with the challenging array of federal and state laws that protect injured and ill employees, the most notable being the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act. He works closely with employers to provide compliance advice and develop programs for disability, leave and absence management.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.