Thursday, Sept. 13
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
Used appropriately, fitness-for-duty (FFD) evaluations are an effective tool to understand functional abilities and limitations of an individual. However, understanding the benefits and pitfalls of the FFD process can better prepare employers to utilize this valuable tool for maximum impact.
In this webinar, Tom Johnson, VP of provider networks and IME operations at Genex Services, will present the top 5 practical steps employers can take to streamline processes, while helping to meet their FFD objectives. We will also delve into the employer/physician relationship, and how employers can leverage them to ensure FFD reports are usable for the intended purpose.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Utilize proven methods to get top-quality FFD reports within established guidelines.
- Gain insight into the medical provider’s perspective regarding FFDs, and how employers can break through to get the information they need.
- Explore valuable techniques to streamline processes and maximize results to meet FFD objectives.
Tom Johnson, CLMS, Vice President, Provider Networks and IME Operations, Genex Services
Tom Johnson leads Genex’s efforts and strategy for the provider network and IME/peer review division. With a bachelor’s in mechanical engineering and an MBA from the University of Oxford, Johnson has worked in various IME senior leadership roles over the past 15 years, including serving as president and CEO of an IME firm. Johnson holds a Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) certification through DMEC.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.