Tuesday, Mar. 19
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
While leave may be the most common accommodation request, many employers are also reporting an increase in telecommuting and workplace modification requests. A clear understanding of what constitutes a reasonable accommodation request can empower HR to engage more proactively in the interactive process, but what is next? The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) reports that 70% of employers offer telecommuting, but as a potentially permanent ADA accommodation, this can be a challenging request for professionals to maneuver. Further compounding the accommodation challenges are rapid changes in the work setting, and the evolution of agile or flex space designs. How can employers accommodate visual, auditory, olfactory, or light sensitivities? What resources are available to help?
This session will provide employers with hands-on tools and techniques for evaluating these types of accommodations, and resources for managing each. Hear how one employer handles their ADA process through active engagement and outsourcing.
This webinar will be 90 minutes to accommodate additional Q&A.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Gain an understanding of what really constitutes a reasonable request, and next steps in the interactive process.
- Explore how to maneuver tricky and/or potentially permanent accommodation requests.
- Identify resources that can aid employers in navigating complex accommodation processes.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.