Wednesday, Mar. 27
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
Opioid and prescription drug abuse is a national epidemic, and those working within hospital systems are not immune. As many Americans have experienced, drugs are far too often freely prescribed. Whether you’re an administrator who fears the increasing percentage of total healthcare expenditures due to prescription drug costs, an employer dealing with employee drug abuse, or a front-line healthcare specialist managing the accessibility and availability of drugs amongst your staff and patients, this session has you covered.
Some employers have made headway in reining in these rampant costs, while improving the lives of employees in the process. When traditional techniques are paired with more progressive tools, employers can see a noticeable impact in cost savings and more responsible use. This session will explore the opioid epidemic within today’s workforce, and provide insight into what specifically hospital system employers can do to stay a step ahead.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Gain an understanding of current challenges in managing the costs of opioid and drug abuse within hospital settings.
- Explore new guidelines and tools that support healthier prescription drug practices such as risk assessments, drug screenings, and early intervention tactics.
- Identify best practices for post-narcotic prescription measures.
Teresa Bartlett, M.D., Senior Medical Officer, Sedgwick
As the senior medical officer for Sedgwick, Dr. Bartlett is an advisor in matters affecting the design and delivery of medical management services for the company’s clients. She provides strategic counsel and operational support in all areas of medical management including case management, return to work, behavioral health interventions, medical outcomes protocols, pharmacy interventions, telemedicine, and health and safety matters. Dr. Bartlett also advises on best practices to integrate the delivery of occupational and non-occupational medical services, and the matters affecting healthcare as part of the claims services process.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.