Thursday, Apr. 18
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
Let’s get back to basics about what employers can and cannot do with medical certification under the FMLA and state leaves. What is an employer’s option when they doubt the validity of a leave request? When is it appropriate to trigger recertification or a second opinion?
In this session, we will offer answers to these questions, as well as highlight what is allowed upon initial certification and recertification of the leave. We will also discuss how to identify a deficient or incomplete certification.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Gain an understanding of the basics for certification and recertification of leaves.
- Identify what information can and cannot be requested from an employee to maintain compliance.
- Discover the right time and process for requesting second or third opinions.
Ashlee Brennan, Esq., Director of National Technical Compliance, Sedgwick
At Sedgwick, Ashlee provides compliance expertise for FMLA, leave of absence, statutory disability, and paid family leave programs. Prior to Sedgwick, she served as a compliance attorney for a third-party administrator after completing her education at Michigan State University College of Law in 2015. Ms. Brennan has nearly 10 years of industry experience including leave of absence administration, employment law, disability advocacy, organizational communication, and nonprofit management.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.