Wednesday, Apr. 3
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
Absence rates are higher in the healthcare industry than any other industry year after year. Why is this? Employees often must work 12+ hour shifts, work overnight, and have physically demanding jobs. All of this can take a toll on an employee’s sleep quality, negatively impact their overall health and wellness, and ultimately lead to missed time from work.
This webinar will explore in detail what is driving the higher costs and overall absence rates in healthcare, including the harmful impact that shift work has on one’s health. But the news isn’t all bad. Through real-life case studies, we will discover how creative accommodations can help employees stay at work and return to work in this high-demand setting to maintain productivity and employee morale.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Gain an understanding of the unique challenges in healthcare settings specific to 24/7 operations and work schedules.
- Discover the impact shift work has on an employee’s physical and mental health.
- Explore creative solutions for mitigating the impact of shift work on healthcare workers.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.