Tuesday, May 21
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
Mental health is a universal asset, but one of significant importance for workers and organizations. The mental well-being of a company’s workforce can make or break performance, production, and profitability. Communicating what resources and support are available can make the difference with engagement and utilization. By being proactive in encouraging employees to maintain good mental health, employers can minimize problems like absenteeism and presenteeism in their workforce.
To better understand the state of mental health in the workplace, Unum conducted online research with 1,850 U.S. employed adults, of which 500 working adults self-identified with a diagnosed mental health issue. In partnership with DMEC, additional research was conducted among 268 human resources professionals. This session will break down the results of these findings, and give practical tips to improve your approach to mental health in the workplace.
This webinar will be 90 minutes to accommodate additional Q&A.
Webinars are free for DMEC members. To receive free pricing, log in to your DMEC account prior to registering.
- Gain an understanding of the prevalence of mental health issues in today’s workforce.
- Identify gaps in perception between employees and HR professionals, and determine how to address them.
- Explore best practices for mental health leaves and corresponding return-to-work strategies.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.