Tuesday, June 18
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
While a normal pregnancy is not considered an Americans with Disabilities (ADA) disability, there are employer obligations that may come into play with pregnant employees. Pregnancy is a strategic priority for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and as an employer, it’s important to know your obligations to pregnant employees, new parents, and caregivers.
Join us for a dynamic discussion that will provide practical guidance on nondiscrimination protections and the latest state laws requiring accommodations for the common conditions associated with pregnancy. We will provide cautionary tales of the things employers have done to attract the EEOC’s attention to help you avoid the same fate. And since we know employer responsibilities don’t end at birth, we will also provide an overview of laws regarding new parents and caregiver responsibilities.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Gain an understanding of employers’ legal obligations to pregnant employees, including any state law duty to provide accommodations.
- Identify pitfalls through case studies of employers who have been sued by the EEOC for not meeting obligations during pregnancy.
- Discover employer obligations to caregivers once the baby is born.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.