Tuesday, July 16
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
The complex paid leave landscape in America is expanding as new states continue to implement paid family and medical leave programs. While understanding the difference between accrued paid leave, mandated paid leave, and voluntary plans is challenging, it can be even more difficult to explain these benefits to employees. As states continue to implement programs with wide variations such as family eligibility and duration, human resources professionals are struggling to stay abreast.
In this session, we will offer practical guidance employers can use to improve the paid leave experience for their workforce and administrators. We’ll discuss available tools that can make the process easier, and explore some new ideas that can help you stay abreast of this ever-evolving landscape.
This webinar will be 90 minutes to accommodate additional Q&A.
Webinars are free for DMEC members. To receive free pricing, log in to your DMEC account prior to registering.
- Gain an understanding of the various types of paid leave programs in the U.S.
- Discuss updates to state paid leave programs in Washington, Massachusetts, and Washington D.C.
- Explore how decision support technology can assist in navigating paid leave laws.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.