Thursday, June 20
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
Over 60% of the 10 million Americans with opioid use disorder are employed. Many are valued employees whose illnesses lead to lost productivity, involuntary leave, excessive healthcare costs, work accidents, job loss, and sometimes even death — yet most employers feel completely unprepared to address this problem in their workforce. Fortunately, employees have a good prognosis. When employers have the right policies and procedures in place to provide education, recognize problems early on, and provide access to evidence-based substance abuse treatment and follow up, well-designed leave strategies can enhance the value of return-to-work (RTW) programs to support long-term recovery.
This webinar will explore how coordinated education, health benefits, treatment, and RTW strategies can positively impact today’s addicted workforce. Practical considerations about privacy, disclosure, the FMLA, and the ADAAA will be discussed.
Webinars are free for DMEC members. To receive free pricing, log in to your DMEC account prior to registering.
- Identify important factors driving the current opioid crisis among the workforce.
- Gain an understanding of the scientific evidence for prevention, early recognition, treatment, and follow-up support for opioid addiction.
- Explore opioid addiction challenges related to leave policies and regulations, and learn how to address them.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.