Wednesday, Oct. 23
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
Most employers encourage employees to follow best practices when it comes to safety in the workplace, but safe handling practices in the healthcare setting is a different ball game. What happens when an employee who works in the healthcare industry isn’t on the clock? Does he/she follow the same safety principles encouraged in the workplace? This webinar will explore the correlation of safety within and away from the workplace, the hazards that an employee can face at home, and different ways to encourage safety and wellness to minimize accidents and injuries.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Gain an understanding of why workplace safety programs should try to reach the employee outside of work.
- Explore different strategies aimed at reaching the employee and their family.
- Hear from an employer that uses this focus as they work with their employees under their wellness program.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.