Thursday, Oct. 31
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
While most companies have a nondiscrimination policy that includes sexual orientation and gender identity, 46% of LGBTQ workers remain closeted at work. A culture of inclusiveness means being visible from the language used in communications, to accountability in reporting systems, and providing education for workers.
Through personal storytelling and experiences, our panel will share practical steps on creating an inclusive environment for LGBTQ employees. This session will explore how employers can increase visibility and make inclusiveness a part of their culture. We will also explore:
- How to support and engage employees who are transitioning and coming out
- Why the language in benefit programs is essential, and what it should include
- What actions can be taken to ensure that biases and issues are raised and addressed
- How to increase engagement and effectiveness of our employee advocates
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Identify ways to educate and engage employees on what it means to be “allies.”
- Determine opportunities to increase support for employees who may be transitioning or coming out, including education for managers and co-workers.
- Develop strategies for more visible language in communications, including how to integrate the evolving vocabulary of LGBTQ inclusion in the workplace.
- Evaluate the current environment for possible biases and determine if current reporting practices are effective and consistent.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.