Thursday, Oct. 24
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
The evolution of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) brings additional complexity to an employer’s return-to-work (RTW) strategy. While most HR professionals are skilled at managing employees on short- or long-term disability, understanding how the RTW program can satisfy obligations under the ADA is a new frontier. Can the RTW discussions and reasonable accommodations developed serve as your interactive process? Are you obligated to consider all RTW accommodations as an ADA request? Can your RTW policy have a time limit?
Join us for this session as we answer these questions, and explore how to develop a robust RTW strategy by working in step with ADA requirements. We will also hear from an organization that successfully implemented a strategy that enables them to address both RTW and ADA challenges.
This webinar will be approximately 90 minutes to accommodate additional Q&A.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Recognize your obligations under the ADA related to returning employees to work.
- Gain an understanding of how a RTW program may reduce some of your ADA burden.
- Explore the critical elements of a successful RTW program.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.