Thursday, Nov. 21
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
With the recent 7th circuit court decisions regarding leave as an accommodation, many employers are grappling with how to reconcile these requests and needs with EEOC guidance. Intermittent leave is an area where many employers struggle to meet ongoing business demands while assuring there is an appropriate response to accommodation needs.
This session will focus on leave as an accommodation, intermittent leave needs, assessing business needs, and tips to effectively respond to such requests.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Review common challenges associated with leave requests.
- Explore how recent 7th circuit court decisions impact leave as an accommodation.
- Identify ways to deal with such leave requests.
Adam Morell, JD, Director National Compliance, ADA Accommodations, Sedgwick
At Sedgwick, Adam is responsible for compliance and development of the ADA product, as well as overseeing best practices. Previously, Adam was a senior consultant at Aon where he focused on absence management and the development of time off, disability and leave policies, and plans. Adam has a wide range of compliance and employment law experience, both from an employer HR & benefits perspective as well as third party administration. Adam holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Baltimore School of Law.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.