Thursday, Apr. 30
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
Medical certifications provide a roadmap for managing Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) use. They are also an essential tool for limiting FMLA fraud and abuse. Join us for this practical, informative webinar where we will explore how to:
- authenticate and clarify certification forms with a healthcare provider;
- use second (and third) opinions when you doubt the validity of a medical certification;
- seek recertifications, especially when current use exceeds stated frequency and duration of leave;
- delay or deny FMLA leave when paperwork is late;
- manage special issues, such as non-English certifications, extenuating circumstances, and more!
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Discover how to authenticate and clarify certification forms with a healthcare provider.
- Gain an understanding of how to use second (and third) opinions when you doubt the validity of a medical certification.
- Identify how to manage special issues, such as non-English certifications, extenuating circumstances, and more.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify for CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.