Thursday, May 7
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
Managing absence and disability is more challenging than ever in the midst of a global pandemic. The rules of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) still apply, and many employers now have the temporary provisions under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) added to the mix.
This webinar will give you a full picture of the interaction of these laws and how they impact employees. You will learn more about the provisions under the FFCRA as well as what employers are doing to support their employees with COVID-19-related coverage when the FFCRA doesn’t apply. In addition, we will also compare the similarities and differences in FMLA and ADA laws, and share insights into how these two laws overlap. Attendees can expect to walk away with best practices for coordinating these laws.
Webinars are free for DMEC members. To receive free pricing, log in to your DMEC account prior to registering.
- Review employer obligations under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA).
- Discover how some employers are supporting their employee’s COVID-19-related absences.
- Explore the differences between the FMLA and the ADA.
- Gain insights into how FMLA and ADA laws overlap, and how to coordinate absences that may intersect with both laws.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.