Medical certifications provide a roadmap for managing Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) use. They are also an essential tool for limiting FMLA fraud and abuse. In this webinar, we explored how to:
- authenticate and clarify certification forms with a healthcare provider;
- use second (and third) opinions when you doubt the validity of a medical certification;
- seek recertifications, especially when current use exceeds stated frequency and duration of leave;
- delay or deny FMLA leave when paperwork is late;
- manage special issues, such as non-English certifications, extenuating circumstances, and more!
- Ashlee Brennan, Esq., Compliance Attorney, ReedGroup
- James Venable, JD, Vice President of Employment Law, Absence, and Accommodation Compliance, ReedGroup
- Sue Woods, Esq., Senior Compliance Counsel, ReedGroup
This webinar qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 CPDM, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. If you are interested in receiving continuing education credit for the recorded webinar, you will need to watch the full webinar, and then download your certificate of attendance from the “Webinar Recording and Continuing Education” tab.
Full content is available to DMEC members only. Please log in to view the complete resource.
If you are not a DMEC member, we encourage you to join. DMEC members have access to white papers, case studies, @Work magazine articles, free webinars, legislative updates, and much more. These resources will assist you in building an effective and compliant integrated absence management program, saving you time, resources, and money. Learn more.
If you are being asked to log in more than once, please refresh your browser.