Thursday, July 16
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
More than ever before, U.S. employees find themselves balancing both work and caregiving responsibilities. In fact, research published by Harvard Business Review in 2019 found that 75% of U.S. workers have caregiving responsibilities for children and/or elders in their household. These added obligations often create a strain on employee caregivers that can negatively affect their productivity at work. While many employers offer some form of leave for employees, what additional services or assistance can employers offer, and why is it in their best interest to do so?
During this webinar, we will review various benefits and service options employers may consider offering employees with caregiving responsibilities. We will also discuss practical solutions for multiple caregiving scenarios, share best practices to ensure employees are aware of the support that is available to them, and highlight key findings from the 2020 DMEC Family Caregiving Pulse Survey.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Gain an understanding of the current impact caregiving has on employees and the workplace.
- Explore leave considerations, benefits, and service solutions to support caregiving employees.
- Examine the value of offering caregiver support services and benefits through example scenarios.
- Identify best practices for implementing and communicating employee caregiving resources.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify for CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.