Tuesday, Sept. 29
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
How does the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) interact and link with other regulations, policies, and programs in the workplace? In this webinar, we will dive into ADA definitions and requirements, and what they specifically mean for employers. Join us as we explore how the ADA interacts with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and other leave laws, its connection with mental health support and accommodations, and how it relates to your organization’s own disability program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Gain an understanding of the various aspects of the ADA/ADAAA including, the definition of disability, the meaning of a reasonable accommodation, and employer responsibilities.
- Define the differences between the ADA and the FMLA, along with how they work together.
- Explore ADA best practices surrounding mental health support and accommodations.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 CLMS, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify for CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.