Thursday, Sept. 24
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
Over fifty percent of people in this country have a person in their life with a disability. Disability is a natural part of the “human condition,” yet represents the largest untapped labor pool in the country. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 19.1% of persons with a disability were employed in 2018; for those without a disability, the employment rate was 65.9%. To be effective, employer diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategies must address the gap. Additionally, employers and employees alike benefit from disability education and etiquette training. It’s important to prepare the workforce for working alongside individuals with impairments, with a focus on inclusion.
This webinar, through conversation with key stakeholders, will provide practical guidance to disability inclusion, including lessons learned, best practices, interaction guidelines, and best practices to build a cohesive workforce.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Recognize the untapped potential of individuals with disabilities in the workforce.
- Learn disability etiquette that recognizes and respects the value of all employees.
- Understand the employer responsibility in recognizing and creating a culture of inclusion.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify for CEU credit.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.