Thursday, Oct. 22
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
The COVID-19 pandemic has been fraught with challenges for everyone. Working parents may be feeling the brunt of these struggles as they attempt to balance their careers with the ever-changing complexities of managing care and education for their children. Employers have been equally perplexed as they work to meet the needs of this employee population while managing business and productivity needs. It may feel like an insurmountable challenge, but there are solutions to be found!
Join us for a dynamic and engaging discussion with a panel of employers who have taken on the challenge of providing support for these caregiving employees. From special leave allowances to subsidized back-up care programs, these employers are finding solutions to meet both employee and business needs. Attendees will hear the “ins and outs” of how employers can utilize internal committees and task forces to drill down to the core needs of employees; what solutions employers have utilized, and their learnings along the way; and how they think offerings may evolve in the future.
This webinar will offer attendees the opportunity to participate in roundtable discussions after the panel presentation to discuss their own barriers with this issue and collaborate on ideas and solutions. When the 60-minute presentation ends, attendees will be directed to our networking platform for an additional 30 minutes to share ideas and discuss their approaches to this complex issue.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Gain an understanding of the complex challenges working parents are facing amid school and daycare closures and virtual learning environments.
- Discover takeaways from already-established employer support programs addressing caregiving issues.
- Network in a roundtable environment to expand on ideas for potential solutions to challenges attendees face in their unique environments.
- Ashley Cader, VP, Innovation, Customer Experience and Voice of the Customer, Lincoln Financial Group
- Erin Melhuish, Innovation Consultant, Lincoln Financial Group
- Cheryl Pon, Global Benefits Manager, Google
- Lauren Posch, Health & Welfare Consultant, PwC
- Marjory Robertson, AVP & Senior Counsel, SunLife Financial
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 ADMS, 1 CDMS, 1 CLMS, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify for CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.