Thursday, Jan. 14
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
Employers are scrambling to keep up as the maze of new and updated paid family and medical leave (PFML) laws continues to unfold before us. With contributions for Connecticut’s PFML statute starting Jan. 1, 2021 and new information on private plans available, we invite you to join us for this webinar where we’ll help to explain it all. Our experts will guide you out of the labyrinth of the unknown and provide a path to compliance in the state of Connecticut.
This engaging event will review all the basics of the Connecticut program, and then dive deeper into the specific requirements of the private plan options, share insights on the never-before-seen approach with the Connecticut PFML authority, and provide best practices for employers as you develop your program. Don’t miss this opportunity to get up to speed and ready to take on Connecticut PFML!
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Define the basics of the Connecticut PFML program, including covered leave reasons, durations, and benefit amounts.
- Identify what is involved with the private plan options and describe what is required from the state.
- Summarize the changes to Connecticut’s unpaid leave program and how it works with the new PFML program.
- Discuss the new concept of the Connecticut PFML authority as an agency publicly dealing with the Department of Labor, and how this is a unique approach in comparison to other programs.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 ADMS, 1 CDMS, 1 CLMS, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify for CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.