Tuesday, Oct. 19
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
The compliance landscape surrounding absence and disability management is changing at a dizzying pace. Our annual compliance update webinar series is back to help employers who might be struggling to keep up with the changes impacting their organizations. Each session in this four-part series focuses on a different region of the United States — bringing you the latest developments in circuit court decisions, legislative updates, leave and accommodation guidance, and other critical compliance news. Our compliance presenters will bring key information to keep your absence and disability management programs compliant.
This webinar will cover content specific to the Northeastern region of the United States: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware (1st, 2nd, and 3rd circuit courts).
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Log in to your DMEC account prior to registering to receive member pricing.
- Explore recently updated and pending legislation impacting absence and disability management in the Northeastern U.S.
- Review recent circuit court decisions that impact disability and absence management under the jurisdiction of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd circuit courts.
- Gain a practical understanding of how the various disability and leave management laws work together throughout the Northeastern U.S.
Sheri Giger, Principal, Jackson Lewis PC
Sheri Giger is a principal in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, office of Jackson Lewis PC, and is the co-leader of the firm’s disability, leave, and lealth management (DLHM) practice group. Her practice focuses on preventative advice and counsel, particularly in the area of leave management, focusing on the ADA, FMLA, paid sick leave, and related leave statutes and policies, including process improvement strategies. Her practice also includes policy/handbook development (particularly for multi-state issues and compliance), reductions-in-force, background checks, FCRA advice, hiring and interviewing, wage and hour, internal investigation advice, and other preventative workplace practices. Sheri also conducts extensive training on the same topics and other management issues such as performance improvement, documentation, and anti-harassment. She also defends charges of discrimination before federal and state agencies.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 ADMS, 1 CDMS, 1 CLMS, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify for CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Use our online form to verify membership and sign up as an individual under your company’s membership.