Tuesday, Oct. 25
9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
With the absence of a federal program, individual states have been adopting their own variations of paid family and medical leave (PFML) programs — each of which are unique. So far in 2022, there have been three new state laws enacted (Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware), and each of the new laws have different provisions for eligibility, program support, and employer requirements. For example, Virginia’s law is not a state mandate, while both Maryland and Delaware are. However, Delaware and Virginia will have paid leave benefits that may be available to workers outside of their respective state.
During this session, we will break down the differences in these programs and outline how state programs are evolving. We’ll discuss the increasing interest in employer “optional” PFML programs and what this means for your organization. We’ll also break down solutions to help you prepare for and understand your obligations under the various PFML laws and provide updates of what’s on the horizon for 2023.
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars.
- Learn about the increased interest in employer “optional” PFML programs.
- Explore timelines and best practices to help employers prepare for and understand their compliance obligations.
- Review 2023 program updates for New Hampshire, Virginia, Oregon, and Colorado.
This session qualifies for the following CEUs: 1 ADMS, 1 CDMS, 1 CLMS, 1 PHR, and 1 SHRM. To qualify for CEU credit:
- You must attend the full duration of the webinar. Following the webinar and once attendance has been confirmed, you will receive an email with CEU reporting information.
- You must register for and watch the webinar individually. Group participation does not qualify for CEU credit.
Exclusively offered by DMEC, the Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) program is the only professional designation of its kind that provides interactive, hands-on training to ensure your programs effectively comply with state and federal leave laws. Learn more about the CLMS program
DMEC members receive free registration for webinars. Not sure if your organization is a member? Follow these steps to add your company affiliation and verify your DMEC membership status.