Recognizing Innovation and Leadership
The DMEC Emerging Leader Award is given to DMEC members in recognition of their contributions to innovative and creative solutions for complex leave or disability challenges and demonstration of evolving leadership within their organization, the industry, and/or DMEC.
Criteria for the award include:
- The nominee must have worked in the absence management industry 2-8 years.
- The nominee must be either an organizational or individual DMEC member. Individuals from both employer and supplier companies are eligible.
- The nominee cannot currently be serving on DMEC’s Employer Advisory Council, Executive Advisory Board, or the National Board of Directors.
Award Recipient Recognition & Benefits
The winner of the 2019 DMEC Emerging Leader Award will be recognized during the 2019 DMEC Annual Conference, Aug. 6-9 in Washington, D.C. The award presentation will take place prior to the opening general session on Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2019.
In addition, the winner will receive:
- A complimentary full conference registration for the 2019 DMEC Annual Conference
- The opportunity to attend a luncheon at the conference with the DMEC Executive Advisory Board and Employer Advisory Council on Monday, Aug. 6
- A complimentary hotel room for the conference
- A $300 travel voucher for conference travel expenses
- A complimentary Certified Leave Management Specialist (CLMS) online course and exam registration (or CLMS recertification exam if the individual has already completed the CLMS course)
Nomination & Selection Process
The DMEC Emerging Leader Award nomination period will open on Monday, Mar. 18, 2019 and close on Monday, May 20, 2019. Individuals can be nominated by their supervisors, colleagues, vendor partners, or anyone who has specific knowledge of the individual’s absence management contributions.
All nominations will be reviewed, and a winner will be selected by a committee made up of members of the DMEC Executive Advisor Board, Employer Advisory Council, National Board of Directors, and staff. All nominees will be informed of their nomination, and the winner will be notified by Friday, June 14.