The Disability Management Employer Coalition (DMEC) is the only association dedicated to knowledge, education and professional networking in integrated disability, absence management and return to work solutions. DMEC and its network of local chapters provide companies with trusted information, strategies, tools and management resources to minimize lost work time and improve workforce productivity.
Founded in 1992, it is governed by a National Board. DMEC provides its membership a forum to discuss methods and procedures for program implementation through chapter meetings, seminars, virtual education forums, written materials and professional development courses.
In 1995, DMEC incorporated and qualified as a non-profit, professional educational association.
In 1996 the first annual national conference was held and subsequent conferences are offered each year in the summer.
Our membership represents employers from the very largest – to companies with less than 500 employees.
DMEC formed an alliance in 1994 with the Insurance Educational Association (IEA) to develop the “Certified Professional in Disability Management” (CPDM) course of study. DMEC leaders participated in the curriculum development and have been responsible for all course revisions. At the completion of the three, eleven-week courses, students receive the designation “CPDM”. Courses are now offered through IEA in both the classroom and online format.
DMEC Regional Chapters Provide Valuable Tools, Resources and Networking
DMEC members can participate in quarterly chapter meetings held in major cities across the country. Chapters are run by volunteer board members, and meetings days or times vary in each location. Our online education webinars are held to support those areas where DMEC does not have a formal chapter.
- Meeting the educational needs of employer and supporting members.
- Utilize the web for distance learning and virtual chapter development.
- Produce instructive publications that provide the tools and resources for working professionals.
- Pursue joint projects with insurance carriers, managed care providers and industry partners to enhance integrated products that include workers’ compensation, short/long term disability and health coverage.
- Advance participation with the international community in the study of disability management processes.