New Regional Education Model
Over the past year, DMEC has been evaluating our existing local chapter structure to determine the most effective way to provide focused education and networking to our members throughout the United States and Canada. After much analysis and consideration, DMEC has begun the process of restructuring our current chapter model to make way for a new educational model that will be introduced over the next year and a half.
The goal of this new model is to deliver premium educational content and meaningful face-to-face professional connections that more broadly serve the diverse geography of our members. In addition, we will be assessing how to integrate new technologies that address the evolving needs and learning styles of our community.
As part of this transition, the following DMEC chapters hosted their final meetings in 2017:
- Central California (Modesto)
- Colorado (Greater Denver)
- Chicago (IL)
- Georgia (Greater Atlanta)
- New England
- Northern California (San Francisco)
- Oregon/Southwest Washington
The following DMEC chapters will continue to hold meetings through the end of 2018.
- Dallas/Fort Worth (TX)
- San Jose (CA)
- Southern California (Long Beach)
- Washington (Greater Seattle)
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the many people who have served as chapter volunteers over the years for the time they have devoted to supporting this organization and its members. Their dedication has been crucial to the growth of both DMEC and the absence management industry.
Planning for the new educational model is already underway, and we will be providing updates as more details become available. As a reminder, there are several ways to continue to receive education during this transition period:
- Take advantage of over 25 webinars per year.
- Stay up to date through the Legislative Updates blog and articles in @Work magazine.
- Download white papers and other resources.
- Gather cutting-edge information at the DMEC Compliance Conference and the DMEC Annual Conference.
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.789.3632, ext. 102.